We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Review - A Kiss of Ashen Twilight


Title: A Kiss of Ashen Twilight
Author: Rae Lori
Publisher: Lyrical Press
Buy Link: A Kiss of Ashen Twilight

Rating: You Want to Read

Reviewed By: Janelle

An attack on her family drives Ariya to seek protection at the Ashen Twilight House. Once there, she encounters only more danger, along with the dark rescuer who haunts her dreams. Jace Archane is a vampire on the hunt, and distractions like Ariya are the last thing he wants or needs. But their survival might just hinge on one another when a vicious elemental creature threatens the underground world of Nightwalkers, Lycans and Shifter Elves. Caught between a shared enemy and otherworldly love, Jace and Ariya must unite before fear can tear them apart.

I’m not going to say I liked this book. But I do not believe the fault lies with the story or even the author, but is my own. I am not a fan of the “Destined to be Together” plot device. I find it over used and cliche. But more over, it feels as if the characters have lost their ability to choose their path in life, and leaves the romance feeling like an arranged marriage.

Another element I find to be not to my taste, is Jace’s habit of losing track of his testicles on a fairly regular basis. If I’m reading a story about a vampire bad-boy whose lived through centuries of mortal and immortal wars, I don’t want him to spontaneously turn into a Shakespeare knock off every times he sees a pair of pouty lips.

Overall, the story is reasonably well written and nicely paced, with some decent plot twists. While this story was not for me, I would recommend it to those who fancy this sort of plot line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.