We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Review - Love on a Wire by Jo Barrett

Title: Love on a Wire
Author: Jo Barrett
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Buy Link: Love On A Wire

Rating: You Gotta Read

Reviewer: Val

Casey had gone through a divorce a few years earlier and all anyone could do was let her know how good he looked now and how he was doing. Casey had a few words in mind to say about her ex but decided to ignore them. When her Aunt Beverly emails that a single man had commented on her picture, she is intrigued and sends him a note on the bottom of her aunt's email. Daniel happens to contact Casey and it can only get better from there, right?

Casey's character made me both laugh and cry. I felt her pain when she felt it and laughed my head off when she talked about her ex. I thought this was such a great read because it was specifically dated to our world today. Emails, phones and all kinds of technology. I loved reading about Daniel's character because not many books that I have read lately have to do with a man that struggles with his own security where women are concerned. The way the relationship progresses and how Daniel handled it made me want to say "Awwww". I couldn't believe the twist in the story when Aunt Beverly wrote a certain email to Casey. That right there brought the story to a higher level which was perfect.

Jo Barrett has done a great work bringing Love on a Wire to her readers. I don't think there are many that would not find something that pulls on their heartstrings. We can all relate to our technological society and I think that is what makes this story so special. I am a fan of Ms. Barrett's previous work and I will be looking forward to her future work. For now, pick up this book, it is a short entertaining sweet read that will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.