We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, April 3, 2009

Review - Shifting Winds by Lex Valentine

Title : Shifting Winds, Tales of the Darkworld Book 1
Author : Lex Valentine
Publisher : Pink Petal Books
Buy Link : Shifting Winds
Rating : You Gotta Read

Reviewed By: Tir

Vampire Elysia Granville gets more than she bargained for when she attends the Undertaker's Ball on Halloween. She's looking for a one night stand, but the man she chooses is Declan Antaeus, a home and hearth black dragon who has had a secret crush on her for years. Can the powerful dragon make the commitment shy vampire extend one night into forever?

I was very excited when this book came to us right on the heels of my reading ms. Valentine's previous book, The Wise Guy. Not only did I really enjoy that book but, this one has dragons! So it was with high expectations that I started this book and I was not disappointed. I love the way the chapters in the beginning bounced between present and past to show the beginnings of Elysia and Declan's relationship. All of the characters popped off the page, making them very intriguing and left me wanting more of all of them. The love scenes between the reluctant to commit Elysia and the steamy Declan are well written and hot. I wanted to jump into the book and yell at both of them to see what was right in front of their faces. This is definitely a book to add to your To Read list.


  1. Wooohoooo! Lex...are you stoked? I love this! You did good!!!!


  2. Thank you so much for the review! I'm so excited that you liked this book. Wait until you read Hot Water. Personally, I think it's better than my other two books put together. :) Thank you again. I feel like I'm walking on a cloud now. :D

  3. Nice review, Lex!! What did I tell you. lol.

  4. Great Job Lex and what a great review.


  5. Congratulations, Lex - a great review!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.