We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Review - The Claiming by Trinity Blacio


Title: The Claiming

Author: Trinity Blacio

Publisher: Siren Publishing

Buy The Claiming Here!

Rating: You Gotta Read



Reviewed by: Val



For seven years Tabatha struggled to pull the broken pieces of her life together. One day of hell ruined her efforts. Both her job and car are lost from unfortunate events. Now she has to flee the assassin that murdered her family.

Hoyt's existence centers around pack and family. An unknown assassination changes his life with the murders of his best friend's family. He now protects the baby of the family from a distance. Hallows Eve re-awakens the threat. The events lead him to discover his mates. One refuses him while the other accepts.

Born into darkness, Chax, Grand Duke of Hell, never experienced living in the light. For years he waited to discover his lost mate. One day a year he can roam freely in the world. Together, Hoyt and Chax must form an alliance to protect their mate. Tabatha refuses until they drive her into their dangerous embrace.

Warning: Contains public exhibition, demons and light BDSM




Talk about your ACTION! This book has it all. Action, lust, attitude, witty humor that will make you laugh your butt off, werewolves, demons and suspense. How could you not like all of those things all wrapped into one book?

Tabatha's character was straight forward and she didn't let anyone mess with her, especially after the day she had. She was the kind of girl who knew how to liven up a party, kick butt and take names! She is not the kind of woman to just let life roll on by, she makes the most out of life and is so funny at times. After everything that happens with Tabatha, the one line in the book that had me laughing was when she wondered "Could this day get any worse?" Sometimes, it's best not to ask that question!

Melody and Tabatha's relationship was about as strong as two best friends can get. I thought that was a heartwarming touch to add in this book. Think Thelma and Louise without the whole death thing going on. These two were hilarious together and the way they handled intense moments throughout the book really appealed to me. The secondary characters made me laugh. The way Shane tried to act macho and make Melody do what he wanted reminded me of a man dead set to get what he wanted. As most men, he didn't receive the reception he thought he might.


Hoyt is the Alpha werewolf with smoldering good looks who has been watching out for Tabatha from the distance. He was Tabatha's brother's best friend and he had known that she was the mate for him since they met. When Tabatha's brother had been killed, Hoyt made sure that Tabatha was safe and no physical harm had come to her.

When Chax enters the room, things really get interesting! I don't want to give away any of the book but just know that Chax is where the fun really starts! Whew, is it getting hot in here?

The Claiming was a sizzling and electrifying read. There are parts of this book that will honestly shock you! I found myself with my jaw hitting the floor. It is a book that you won't want to put down. Even after I read the book, I found myself thinking of the characters and their situations. If Demons or explicit sexual contact bothers you, I don't recommend this book as one you might want to read. If you are into strong action packed scenes with hot, racy, sexy scenes, then this is a book you don't want to miss. I look forward to reading more of Ms. Blacio's books and this is an author that I wouldn't think twice about reading their next book. This was an excellent that was fast paces and very sexual. You don't want to miss THE CLAIMING!

16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Val this review is awesome. I'm going to print it out when I get home and put it in my book to save.
    Trinity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Trinity! :) SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love a suspense that sizzling. This has so much unique! Its on the list! Congrats on the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Trin!! Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trinity:
    Great review for a great book.
    Carol North

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Trinity! Well deserved and undoubtedly the firs to many stellar reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Review, Trinity! I'm so thrilled for you! :o) Congrats on The Claiming's release, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOOO, this is an awesome review! The book sounds steamy hot too. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Trinity! Kudos on your awesome review and being at the top three over at BookStrand. Kudos!! I can't wait to read your book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read this...Congrats on the fab review...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww Trinity, that is so sweet! Want my autograph? LMAO!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Trinity. I loved your review. You have to be so psyched. I hope your aunt is feeling better. I know the great review had to have helped cheer her. I'll keep her in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trinity congrats on such an awesome review. I have it on my wishlist. I am a big paranormal fan; this looks like such a great read.

    Pam S

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.