We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, May 8, 2009

Review - Forbidden Eternity by Skhye Moncrief

Title : Forbidden Eternity

Author : Skhye Moncrief

Publisher : The Wild Rose Press

Buy Forbidden Eternity Here!

Rating : You Could Read

Reviewed By : Tir

In present-day Scotland, a shape-shifting shaman and a Druid embrace the forbidden to safeguard history from renegade gods bent on sabotaging history by kidnapping the Goddess of Time.

A woman Cochise despises is his only hope for a future. He has no choice except to swallow his pride and protect Druidess Mairi from a man who is blackmailing her into breaking time-travel Code by kidnapping her sister. But his presence tempts Mairi into risking her sister’s life in falling in love. A fairy hairball and a pack of Hell Hounds force the duo to hide on an astral plane where there is no resolution beyond facing their FORBIDDEN ETERNITY.

When I first started reviewing books Ms. Moncrief's Ancient Musings was one of the first I ever read and I very much enjoyed, so when this came across for review I jumped on it right away. It is the second book in her tales about time traveling Druids, gods, and goddesses. I appreciated the forward with different terms explained and am wanting to read the first in the series to better acquaint myself with the Druids and Ring Masters. I'm a huge fan of Scotland and Ireland and that this tale was deeply rooted in Celtic mythos appealed to me.

I have to say I was a little disappointed when reading this tale. I didn't find the characters quite as intriguing as I did with ms. Moncrief's other work. I also was thrown by the speed with which her shape-shifting Lakota hero Cochise and Druidess Mairi vacillated from desire to spurning one another. Towards the middle of the book, when the action is coming to its climax, it picks up a bit and I was more interested in it, but overall it didn't draw me in. I would like to read the first book in this series, however, and still look forward to more from Ms. Moncrief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.