We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Review - Surviving with Love by Rebecca J. Vickery

Title: Surviving With Love

Author: Rebecca J. Vickery

Publisher: Class Act Books

Buy Surviving With Love Here!


Reviewed by: Val

Sparks start flying when Stacey Parker meets ex-military, hostage-rescuer, Cord McConnell, and she begins to wonder if they will survive this assignment in the wilderness without killing each other.

Stacey Parker was a tracker called in to help Cord McConnell find two teenagers that had been kidnapped. From the moment Cord met Stacey the sparks started flying! The minute her smart mouth opened, he was captivated by her. She was unlike any female he had ever met and was intrigued by her on so many levels. These two characters were explosive together and that was just when they were sitting next to each other! Sexual tension crackled through the air the minute they laid eyes on each other and the book just kept on getting better. I was breathless at one moment and laughing the next. The action scenes were outstanding and the research that went into being a tracker fascinated me and I wanted to learn more about what they actually did. Cord was one of those hard bodied hunky ex-military guys that just makes your knees get weak. One of the funniest parts of the book was when Cord has to get his mind off of Stacey and he has to mentally dismantle an M16 to do so! Oh my gosh, I loved Cord. His character was strong when he had to be and oh so gentle when necessary. He was excellent with children *sigh* and just downright yummy!

Surviving with love was a thrilling action packed read with such a well crafted plot line. I loved how Ms. Vickery kept me wanting more from the characters and then delivery on my wants. Surviving With Love is a book that you WILL NOT want to put down until you have gotten to the very last line of the book. Everything about this book surpassed my expectations. I will automatically pick up anything written by Rebecca Vickery in the future. I fell in love with the writing style, the humor and the reality of this book. I really am speechless as no words can really describe how good this book really is. Outstanding, magnificent, exceptional, unforgettable are all words that I would normally use but really, they don't begin to illustrate how much I loved it. Read the book, you WILL NOT be disappointed. If this book could get a higher rating, I would give it in a heartbeat and not think twice about it! SPECTACULAR!


  1. Thanks Val for the outstanding review and I am so glad you enjoyed the book. After all that is what it is all about.

  2. Whoa--hoooo! Awesome! Fabulous! Great! Yippee!! Way to go, girl!! I'm proud to know ya!!! :) :)

  3. Yippeee!!! Rebecca, you deserve tons of kudos for your work! You are truly talented, my friend! I'm so happy for you!


  4. It was an outstanding read Rebecca ... now, I wonder what college offers classes in tracking! lol

  5. Thanks everyone for reading the review.
    Amazingly enough there are classes in tracking. Some are at colleges where they specialize in law enforcement or rescue training and others you can locate in wilderness and hunting magazines. You can even take some training with a canine companion. Isn't that an interesting idea for a career?

  6. Way to go, Rebecca!! Huge congrats. Seems you gained a fan. :)

  7. Congratulations, Rebecca! It's so great when your first review is outstanding.

  8. WHOO HOO!!!
    Congratulations, Rebecca!!! I just got my internet back up after 3 days with it off & on (more off) so just saw this. WONDERFUL! I know you are THRILLED!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.