We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Review - Awakening Allaire - Margie Church


Title: Awakening Allaire

Author: Margie Church

Publisher: Class Act Books

Buy Link: Buy me here
Rating: You GOTTA Read

Reviewed by: Val

Blurb:
Allaire West threw away her marriage to Jeff West when
she bedded the handsome and powerful Devon Mercer.
Pregnant with Devon’s twins, she tries to pass them off as her
husband’s, only to have the ugly truth end with a gunshot.
As Allie puts her life back together, she finally admits the
man she loves and wants to spend the rest of her life with is
Devon Mercer. Allie secretly attends Devon’s Halloween
masquerade party and they share a sizzling reunion.
Her life is turned upside down again when she is
kidnapped after the party and held for ransom by two drug-
crazed, ex-convicts. Allaire endures starvation, isolation, and
drug addiction. With time against him, Devon makes a deal
with the devil to find his beloved.


Review:
Wow talk about a story that has some action! Awakening Allaire is one of the best books that I have read in a long time. Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres and everything from the characters to the bold plot line captivated me. The relationship between Devon and Allaire touched my heart. True, Allaire wasn't exactly keeping her vows when she slept with Devon but this is, after all, a suspense filled thriller. The consequences following their decision to sleep together had my jaw dropping more times than I care to admit to. A person cannot help but fall in love with Devon. He was gorgeous, English, a millionaire and had a passion for Allaire that was beyond compare. Allaire was a strong woman who fell for Devon almost from the first moment they met. Two beautiful babies and a whole lot of misfortune results in a decision both Devon and Allaire made in the beginning. Fast forward to the kidnapping and you would see me holding my breath and turning pages just as fast as I possibly could. The conditions in which Allaire was subjected to had my mind reeling. When the kidnapper cut her hair I was almost in tears, simply for the way Allaire reacted. The description of how she looked, smelled and behaved was brilliant. As I sat back and watched Devon's reactions throughout the book, I could not have fallen more in love with a character than I did with Devon's. The intense love he felt for Allaire and his children touched my heart. The relationship between Devon, Allaire, Kai and Katy sparkled with wit and humor and the antics of the children made me laugh out loud. There was nothing Devon would not do to protect his family. You will find so many instances in the book where you are yanked from a sense of a loving or humorous moment to a terrified one and to me, this makes an magnificent read.

Ms. Church knows just how to write a fast paced, thrilling and sexually enticing read. I must say that even if you took the sexual part out of the book, Awakening Allaire can definitely stand alone on the thrill aspect alone. Where most romantic suspense books center around the sexual aspect of the romance first and the mystery/suspense is built around it, this book defies the norm and it is so refreshing to see that. Devon and Allaire's sexual relationship is secondary to the story and I wouldn't want to read this book any other way. Awakening Allaire is written with the perfect balance of romance and suspense without going overboard on either one. Their are so many layers to this book and so many potential suspects, you honestly won't be ready for all of the surprises throughout the book.

I highly recommend Awakening Allaire to anyone who is a fan of thriller type books. Ms. Church writes an extremely well thought out plot with imagery that is that will take your breath away. She has the ability to capture the readers attention and draw you into the story. This was honestly a brilliant piece of work that I was sad to see end. I look forward to the sequel to Awakening Allaire which is called Avenging Allaire. Ms. Church is most certainly an author to watch and has been added to my favorite authors list.

7 comments:

  1. Val, you made my heart beat with pride. Thank you so much. I'll look forward to your review of Avenging Allaire very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! Congrats, Margie on a great review! I knew it!

    Cheers!
    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margie, I told you from the first few chapters that I was lucky enough to preview that your writing kept me panting for more. I read you start to finish and couldn't wait for more. Congrats on a review that was well thought out and best of all Deserved!
    Whoopie!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great review, I can hardly wait to read it!
    Congratulations Margie!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you knew Margie like I know Margie, you would wonder where she came up with the steamy scenes in this book. No wonder my brother has this funny grin on his face all the time! The secret is out. Honestly, this book is one that you can't set down once you start reading it. Way to go Margie, we are very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the great review, Margie! Looks and sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Margie! What a wonderful review. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.