We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Review - The Family He Wanted by Karen Sandler

Title: The Family He Wanted
Author: Karen Sandler
Publisher: Harlequin Silhouette
Buy Link: Buy Me Here

Rating: You Want to Read

Reviewed by: Tami

Blurb: Raised without a father, Jana McPartland did not want the same for her unborn baby. So when the daddy-to-be took a hike, she turned to her closest friend, Sam Harrison. He'd always been her refuge from the storm...and this was one heck of a hurricane she'd found herself in.

The bestselling novelist offered her a roof over her head, a paycheck for her hard work and all the safety she craved. Yet Jana found herself needing more from the brooding bachelor to finally give in to the unspoken attraction that had always burned between them. But as a former foster kid, Sam wasn't the type of man who stepped out of his comfort zone.

Until he proposed!

Review: This book was quite good. I was shocked that I found the depth of character that I did in it. Now don't start booing and hissing at me already. It's not that I don't like Harlequin, it's just that I couldn't imagine that the ass that was Sam Harrison could turn himself around and become the man that Jana needed and the baby deserved. I was shocked that the author took so long to pull the male character around and have the characters have some happily ever after. I was quite happy with the ending and how everything worked out. I do hope to find something else by Ms. Sandler and have a relaxing read again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I stumbled across your review, and I've linked to you on mine.

    I agree that it took the author a long time to bring Sam around - and when it did happen, I thought it was a bit too fast. But the ending was sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.