We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Review - Looking Through The Mist by Rebecca J. Vickery


Title: Looking Through The Mist
Author: Rebecca J.Vickery
Publisher: Class Act Books

Buy Link: Buy the book!

Rating: You Gotta Read


Reviewed by: Val


Blurb:

Psychic Jessica Wilder was a consultant for the FBI until she suffered burnout. The visions leave her alone for several months and she starts to make a peaceful life for herself. Then suddenly, they come back with a vengeance—visions of children being kidnapped. How could she not try to save the children?

Detective Jonathan Lansing doesn't believe in psychics, but the young woman in front of him is very convincing. Can she truly help him track down a kidnapper? Or is she involved in the crime?

Another child is taken right from under their noses. As they follow her turbulent visions through several states and into Canada, Jessie and Johnny begin to discover they want more than a working relationship. But will it distract them from finding the children in time?


Review:


Wow! Can I just start out by saying this book is a solid, thrilling and captivating romantic suspense? The characters in the book were genuine, intriguing and irresistible. Jessie had faced disappointment in her life having to do with her gift which in turn made her guard her heart from people who would potentially hurt her. Johnny wasn't really sure whether or not to believe Jessie as he's seen many kooks who claimed to have psychic powers. I was drawn into the helplessness Jessie felt at those who questioned her powers and sincerity in trying to help out with the investigation. Through their investigation, the two were thrown into situations where trust was a key issue. Both Jessie and Johnny had been hurt before which made their bond just that much stronger. All along this action packed journey, the villain was able to stay one step ahead of Jessie and Johnny. You keep thinking, "How do they know?".


I was in awe and enchanted with the characters and outstanding story line. This book starts out in a very mysterious way that captures your attention and draws you into the surroundings. There was not one moment where the story slowed down or left me questioning what was going on. The entire story flowed smoothly and left me craving what was to come next. While reading Looking Through The Mist I found myself instantly attracted to this book. The plot line, characters and mounting tension throughout the book really moved me. I could relate to the location of this book as this is the area is where I now call home.


I have to say that Looking Through The Mist is a read that I highly recommend to anyone who is a lover of romantic suspense. It is superbly written with the reader in mind. Ms. Vickery writes with such skill and talent that there is no stone left unturned. As a reader I was engaged in the story so much so that I simply could not put the book down. I read it in one sitting and most certainly feel it was time well spent. I wholeheartedly believe that this book will receive many awards in the very near future. Ms Vickery is one of the finest writers of action suspense that I have seen in a long time. Her attention to detail is incredible. I fully expect Ms. Vickery to become a well known author that people will be talking about in years to come. I would hurry to buy this book, it is simply a book that you do not want to miss. Ms. Vickery is an automatic add to my TBR list.


6 comments:

  1. Great review! I definitely want to read this book. I loved her first book too - she writes solid characters with a good plot and an eye to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, this book is outstanding. I could not choose which book I liked best. The first book or second book. I still cannot believe this is only her second book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Way to go! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I'm really looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, Rebecca! I read this book four times and I still love it! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val, Martha, MM, Jacquie, and Margie,
    Thanks for a fantastic review. I am so glad you enjoyed the read. And thanK all of you for your comments and gracious support. I can always count on you Ladies to have my back.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.