We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, July 10, 2009

Review - Mayhem, Marriage, and Murderous Mystery Manuscripts by J.L.Wilson


Title: Mayhem, Marriage and Murderous Mystery Manuscripts

Author: J.L. Wilson

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Buy Mayhem, Marriage and Murderous Mystery Manuscripts
Here!



Rating: You Want To Read


Reviewed By: Roberta


Bea Emerson has finally married the cowboy of her dreams, but her honeymoon with L.J. Remarchik is cut short when Bea finds the body of an aspiring writer on Halloween, killed by a trick-or-treater. She and L.J. are soon pulled into a deadly search for a killer who is hiding among authors, agents, and publishers at a writing conference in a remote resort in Minnesota’s North Woods. Will their dreams of a life together be cut short before it can begin?



This is the third book in this series and to be honest, I felt kind of lost. I believe with all the characters involved, you need to read this series from the beginning. The stories all start and end in one book. However, the characters are intertwined to the point I didn't get a feel for all them individually. The story was very well told and had elements I love, like a lot of suspense. I even loved the idea of the hero and heroine being older than your typical heroes. If you can focus on a lot of characters, this is definitely the book for you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, Roberta -- I tried hard to make sure you didn't really NEED to read the other books to understand and enjoy this one, but the characters have such a history together, it was tough!

    As you noted, there's 2 other books in this series, and of course I've got several standalone books, too.

    Thanks again -- I love it when my books get reviewed and when people appreciate my older h/h and my somewhat quirky plots!

    J L

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I like starting a series at the beginning. I'd have felt the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.