We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, August 17, 2009

Review - Spirit Beach by Kate Woods


Title: Spirit Beach

Author: Kate Woods

Publisher: Wild Rose Press

Buy Spirit Beach Here!


Rating: You Want to Read - A Good book.


Reviewed by: Shawn Weisser



When Renee Simone, an investigative reporter, vacations at a small seaside resort for some relaxation and fun, she finds more than entertainment when she stumbles upon the local legend of John Henry Covington, a man who lost his wife and son in a hurricane a century before. Unable to control her curiosity, she sets out to unravel what was legend and what was fact about the man with the mesmerizing eyes in the ominous portrait at the Covington Bed and Breakfast. Was he merely a man or something more? He's as provocative as Adrian, the handsome real-life man she's met on the beach.

Renee's investigation uncovers more than history. She and Adrian find out too late that vampires don’t always want people to know their story, and a vampire’s lust for love and blood never dies. Her fear grows as the gusty sea spray mingled with the wind persuasively invites her to a personal audience with a ghost…


Okay, when I read the title and saw the cover I thought another cheesy ghost romance story. Thankfully, I was wrong. I was drawn into the story from the first chapter. I enjoyed reading about the main character and the storyline was unique. The author changed this little story from a romantic ghost story to a paranormal mystery. I felt it was fun and inventive waiting for the next change in the plot. She added a little twist to the ending that made it much more intriguing. Kate Woods made reading this book entertaining, which is what I look for in a good book, and I couldn’t put it down. I would read more from this author.

1 comment:

  1. Writing Spirit Beach was great fun. Having it published by The Wild Rose Press was very satisfying and exciting. Reading your review was pure bliss. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my work and for your wonderful comments. I am busy working on a sequel that promises to bring more thrills and chills for our hero and heroine because I just want to know more about the romantic and mysterious escapades of these two characters. I hope you and other readers do too. My very best regards to you and again, many thanks! Kate Woods

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.