We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, August 7, 2009

Review - Spyder's Web by Suzanne Rock


Title: Spyder’s Web

Author: Suzanne Rock

Publisher: Loose Id

Buy Spyder's Web Here!


Rating: You Gotta Read


Reviewer: Laura

I have a dark secret. I’m cursed with an intense sexual desire which can never be satisfied. If I abstain, I go mad. If I have sex, I black out and my partner ends up dead. The only way to break the curse is to find my protector and soul mate.

James is a cop who thinks I’m the "Black Widow" serial killer people are talking about. He's watching in the shadows, waiting for me to slip up so he can send me to jail. My curse longs to claim him, but I resist because he saved my life. Soon, I will need him to do it again.

Now his morbid fascination with me has turned into an obsession. I don't know how much longer I can keep him at arm's length.

I'm not sure I want to...


The world created by Ms. Rock in this book is fascinating. From the first line, I was hooked. I appreciate a good plot. But when the author bends it, molds it, and transforms it into a great plot, the reader can’t help but be blown away. Spyder’s emotions are beautifully translated onto the page. I felt all that was at stake for her whether she gave in to the curse or not. She was conflicted at best and tortured at worst, and it was all crystal clear. There is a talent and finesse to writing without overdoing it, and this is a perfect example of just the right amount of both. I want to read every story written about this world because the end of this book seems to be just the beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read Spyder's Web! I'm thrilled that you love James and Spyder's story as much as I do. Although there is currently no plan for a sequel, I may change my mind if enough people write me and say they are interested in learning more about their world. ;)

    Suzanne Rock
    www.SuzanneRock.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with the reviewer....the book rocks! (pun intended) way to go Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne Rocks. Way to represent!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.