We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, August 31, 2009

Review - Water Witch by Deborah LeBlanc

Title: Water Witch

Author: Deborah LeBlanc

Publisher: Leisure Books

Buy Water Witch Here!

Rating: You Gotta Gotta Read

Reviewed By: Roberta

Dunny knew from an early age what it meant to be an outsider. Her special abilities earned her many names, like freak and water witch. So she vowed to keep her powers a secret. But now her talents may be the only hope of two missing children. A young boy and girl have vanished, feared lost in the mysterious bayous of Louisiana. But they didn't just disappear; they were taken. And amid the ghosts and spirits of the swamp, there is a danger worse than any other, one with very special plans for the children -- and for anyone who dares to interfere.

I'm not sure where I should start with explaining about how much I have fallen in love with this book, Water Witch and Deborah LeBlanc's writing/story telling.

This was my first experience with her writing, and I'm having a hard time coming up with the words to do this review justice. You see I have been blown away with not only the plot of the book but the characters as well.

The plot will have you on the edge of your seat and a couple of times I caught myself chewing on my finger nails wondering what was going to happen next. If you are one of those readers who has a movie projector going while reading, I will warn you there were a couple of spots I actually jumped due to the scene she describes.

The characters draw you into their lives and won't let go. One of the characters, Poochie, a grandmother and a main character, will have you laughing and shaking your head at times. What I enjoyed most was hearing Poochie speak with her authentic Louisiana accent. I still can't get that voice out of my head. I could go on and on about all the other characters in this book. I just don't have enough room on the blog to describe and rave about each one.

What I will say is go buy this book!!! I've done reviews where I tell readers you gotta read this book. This is my first time every saying You Gotta Gotta Read this book. I can't wait to read this author's previous work and finding out what she has in store for the future. Thank you Deborah LeBlanc for a story I will never forget.


  1. Great Review. This sounds pretty interesting. I added this to my list.

  2. Roberta, I'm honored and humbled by your review. You've made my day--my week--my year, for there's no higher compliment one can pay a writer than to say his or her story is one you'll never forget.
    With heartfelt thanks and appreciation....


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.