We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Review - What A Dragon Should Know by G. A. Aiken


Title : What A Dragon Should Know

Author : G.A. Aiken

Publisher : Zebra

Buy What A Dragon Should Know Here!


Rating : You Gotta Read


Reviewer : Tir



Only for those I love would I traipse into the merciless Northlands to risk life, limb, and my exquisite beauty. But do they appreciate it? Do they say, 'Gwenvael the Handsome, you are the best among us - the most loved of all dragons?' No! For centuries my family has refused to acknowledge my magnificence as well as my innate humility. Yet for them, and because I am so chivalrous, I will brave the worst this land has to offer. So here I stand, waiting to broker an alliance with the one the Northlanders call The Beast. A being so fearful, the greatest warriors will only whisper its name. Yet I, Gwenvael, will courageously face down this terrifying...woman? It turns out the Beast, a.k.a. Dagmar Reinholdt, is a woman - one with steel-gray eyes and a shocking disregard for my good looks. Beneath her plain robes and prim spectacles lies a sensual creature waiting to be unleashed. Who better than a dragon to thaw out that icy demeanor? And who better than a beast to finally tame a mighty dragon's heart?


G.A. Aiken continues her wonderful Dragon Kin Series with Gwenvael's story. I first came across Ms. Aiken in a compilation that had a short story dealing with Gwenvael's grandparents and fell in love. This is book three in the series that followed that short story and every one just gets better and better. Her characters are so entertaining and real. I stayed up until four in the morning because I couldn't put this one down. They make me laugh out loud, and I mean have to put the book down because I'm laughing so hard. This one made me cry.

I absolutely adore the interacts of Gwenvael and his family and the chaos it often creates for outsiders catching a glimpse. Her male leads are sexy and very lovable. Gwenvael the top example of this with his easy way of being a complete and utter pest but still managing to wiggle his way into your heart. Her females are strong and quite capable of handling themselves in just about any situation. Dagmar shows herself as such from the very beginning, manipulating her brutish father into sound political choices. The love scenes are VERY HOT and her writing is smooth and easy to devour.

I am eagerly and impatiently awaiting the next book in the series, which although has not been announced is definitely sure to come. There is much more that can be told in this world of Ms. Aiken's. This book needs to be on the top of your reading pile, along with the others in the series, Dragon Actually and About A Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.