We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, October 2, 2009

Review: 10:15 by Trent Kinsey

Title: 10:15

Author: Trent Kinsey

Publisher: Eternal Press

Buy 10:15 Here!

Rating: You Want to Read

Reviewed By: Janelle

One second always makes the difference.

The suspenseful tale of three students and one teacher trapped in one second of time, only to find out that something is there with them. Something no one has ever seen before, with an appetite none of them want to bear witness to.

At only forty pages, I feel this story is too short and leaves far too many questions unanswered. Why have these four people been chosen? Was it their high emotions at that time or because they happened to have their eyes closed? Why did time stop anyway? Did that thing stop it or does it just appear when time sees fit to stop moving forward? Why did everyone lose their hearing? And if the thing can only since them when they move, how did it find them in the bathroom? Did it follow George or Mark? And what happened while these two where outside the bathroom? And was it somehow choosing its victim? If so, why not kill them all?

But I think the big question is, how does it end? The story completely leaves off the resolution. You’ve got two students who seemingly teleported across campus, one of whom is naked, both covered in blood, a missing student, and a teacher with questionable items on her person. What happens to them?

This story is good. It’s interesting and kept me reading, but I really don’t like cliff hangers. I want my stories to have resolution. Even if no other question is answered, I want to know how things have turned out for these characters that I have briefly bonded with. They leave a story feeling unfinished.

If you like suspense, this is a story for you. But if you aren’t fond of cliff hangers, you might want to skip this one.


  1. Congrats, Trent on a good review....all these questions certainly grab my interest...I love cliff hangers, so it sounds exactly like my kind of book....Tabs

  2. Nice review Trent! Can't wait to read it!

  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

  4. Congrats on your review, Trent! I love suspense and cliffhangers. Great read!

  5. I'd like to thank everyone for posting comments to Janelle's review. Your support means so much.

    I'd like to thank Janelle for writing such a detailed review of my work. Her observations and opinions were honest and well written. I find no faults with her view of my work.

    Thanks again to You Gotta Read Reviews, Janelle and my friends and fans.

    ‘Till next time
    Trent Kinsey


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.