We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Review - Hide and Seek by Valerie Mann

Title: Hide and Seek

Author: Valerie Mann

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Buy Link

Rating: You Gotta Read

Reviewed by: Val





Blurb:
When ER nurse Kelly Donovan meets sexy firefighter Nick Barrantes at her sister’s annual summer party, the sparks fly. Famous for its games, this year’s party includes Hide & Seek and Kelly is determined to find a cozy place to hide with Nick. Trapped in a closet together during the game, neither Kelly nor Nick anticipates the sizzling passion that flares between them. However, Kelly can't help but wonder if this is one game she'll lose to her heart...


Review:
I really loved this story and everything about it, right from the beginning. The first time I met the brother in law, Drake I had to laugh at what he was wearing! Kelly's character was smart, down to earth and very humorous. The attraction between Kelly and Nick was intense and they their attraction to each other sizzled right from the beginning. Hide and Seek was a fun and entertaining read that transported me out of my own every day life into a place where sexual attraction sparked and there was one hot hot hot firefighter (one of my weaknesses). Hide and Seek was a very cleverly written story with humor, sexual tension and wit. The characters were full of fun and I just can't get my mind off of Nick, sorry! If I could have conjured up my ideal man, Ms. Mann, has described him to a T! You know how you can pick up a book and it's just a perfect fit? This was that book for me. It was exciting to read and something I couldn't put it down. Hide and Seek is a lighthearted, lively, fast and fun read with great characters who are likeable and engaging and sharp dialogue. I found this book to be very addictive!

I have never read any of Ms. Mann's work but love her writing style. I really related to this book and none of it felt forced. I wanted to turn the pages as fast as I possibly could and wished the story went on longer. I would love to see this book made into a series and find out where the characters are today. If given the opportunity, I would like to tell Ms. Mann that she did an outstanding job with this book. Reading this book made me feel like I had just dipped into the life of an old friend. I love it when that happens. I highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't have a lot of time but still wants to read a well written, captivating and exciting read that involves some hot hot hot characters! Ms. Mann is a talented writer and I will continue to be on the lookout for more of her work. This is one of those writers that will have a brilliant writing career!

4 comments:

  1. I just finished this too! Wasn't it great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one Val to another...thank you, you made my morning! I'm so glad you liked this story, Nick stole my heart too! And don't forget, he has two brothers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fantastic review, Valerie. Hide and Seek is on my TBR list, for sure. Congratulations!

    Hugs and grins,
    Dawné

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG, Val!! What a fantastic review :)
    Putting this on my TBR list.

    Sylvie Kaye

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.