We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Review - How I Made A Vampire Movie by Johnny Dorsey

Title: How I Made a Vampire Movie

Author: Johnny Dorsey

Publisher: Eternal Press

Buy How I Made a Vampire Movie Here!

Rating: You Could Read

Reviewed by: Jennifer

Inspired from afar by a still-living ancient ancestor, frumpy librarian Marcella Dorsey's finds her true self emerging as she makes the most authentic vampire movie ever.

To help finance her indie vampire movie, Marcella takes a job as a carnival stripper, only to be abducted by associates of her backer, playboy/gangster Oscar, who spirit her to his castle in Europe. She escapes and finds refuge with a kindly old gentleman, the nocturnal Baron d'Orsay, who "does not drink...wine." With the Baron's all-too-willing assistance, the unsuspecting Marcella finds more authenticity in her film than she had bargained for.

I just couldn't get into this story at all. I felt like it was choppy and I never felt like there was much of a story. I never felt anything for the characters. It had potential and it's a subject I love-vampires, but by the time you get to the good vampire part, it's over.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jennifer, even though your review was negative.

    Basically, it a farce in the manner of the Marx Brothers, or YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.

    It's based on a screenplay I wrote. But in the novella, I tried to tell everything from Marcella's point of view, which meant I had to leave out some scenes between Oscar and Vito, etc.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.