We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, October 26, 2009

Review - Olympians: Arcadian Nights by Susan M. Sailors


Title: OLYMPIANS: ARCADIAN NIGHTS

Author: Susan M. Sailors

Publisher: WHISKEY CREEK PRESS TORRID

Buy Olympians: Arcadian Nights Here!


Rating: You Could Read - An Average or slightly less than average book


Reviewed by: Shawn Weisser



Hermes has been given one task by Aphrodite—keep an eye on Eris at her son’s wedding. The last time the beautiful goddess of discord attended a wedding, the Trojan War was the result. Hermes doesn’t think he has much to worry about until she takes offense at being watched and decides to teach him a lesson with a lust spell in the middle of the reception. Yet as Aphrodite and Hera offer to help Hermes, he finds he wants to be cured less and less. Intrigued by her choice of revenge, he soon seeks Eris out, his curiosity almost as strong as the desire her spell inspired. Convinced she is not as cold and aloof as she pretends to be, he sets out to seduce her instead, starting them both on an erotic path of discovery that will teach them both lessons they won’t soon forget.


I really wanted to like this book because I have always enjoyed reading about ancient gods and goddesses. Unfortunately, I did not really like it as much as I had hoped. The beginning was a bit choppy for me as I had to reset my mind a bit to remove my preconceived ideas about the gods mentioned in this book. The first chapter felt a bit disjointed to me. I rarely continue reading after the second chapter if by then a book does not catch my attention. Once I read past the first chapter I began to get into the groove of this story of opposites attracting and fighting that attraction until having to give in.

The story was a great idea but it fell a little flat for me. The sex scenes were good, not as racy as I was expecting, but still worth a bit of heavy breathing. I think if the author could have added a bit more to the beginning to describe the turmoil of all characters involved, as well as a few more dirty tricks by the bystanders to make the struggle more intense, I would have enjoyed it much more. I would like to read more detail about the characters. As this was the first book of Sailors’ I have read, it seemed to take for granted I knew the characters and their pasts much more than I did. It just did not leave me wanting to read all night, I felt like I had to finish it because I wanted to begin a different book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.