We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Friday, January 22, 2010

Review - Dear John by Nicholas Sparks


Title: Dear John
Author: Nicholas Sparks
Publisher: Hachette Audio
BUY IT HERE
Rating: YOU GOTTA READ

Reviewed by: Val


Blurb:
An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else.

Review:
I have to be honest, reviewers pick their books for several reasons. The blurb, the author, maybe even the cover and I also picked this book for several reasons. First, it was by Nicholas Sparks who, in my opinion is a one of the literary giants of our time in romance. The second, the blurb, this was one of those books that you just can't let slip by you. And finally, yes, the hype surrounding this book. Of course Channing Tatum being on the cover didn't hurt as he's one of my favorites. Yes, I know there is a lot of hype surrounding this book and Dear John is worth every little bit of praise it's getting. I immediately fell in love with John, the rough and tumble bad boy who enlists in the army. His first meeting with Savannah had me saying "Awwww" Savannah's character I felt an instant connection with because she didn't think or do things like everyone else. I can honestly say that I laughed and I cried and sometimes it was both at the same time. John's father played an important part in the story and it just wouldn't have been the same without him. This is definitely a book that I am so glad that I read and I will read over and over again. If you are wondering if you should buy this book or not, I say without a doubt in my mind, buy it. It is so worth the read and will leave you with a different outlook on what true love really is. Once again, Nicholas Sparks has written an outstanding book that is not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.