We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, February 15, 2010

Review - Following Destiny by Rebecca J. Vickery

Title: Following Destiny
Author: Rebecca J. Vickery
Publisher: Rebecca J. Vickery
Buy Link
Rating: You GOTTA Read

Reviewed by: Val

Down on her luck, Andrea Duncan inherits a house and a very special ring from her grandmother. Suddenly she is hearing voices and discovers the ring opens a portal allowing her ancestors to speak to her. A friendly local Sheriff and a mutt named Heidi bring laughter and love into her life. But then she crosses paths with a serial killer. Must Andrea die in order to follow her destiny?

As a reviewer, I usually get two types of books. The ones I like to read and then the ones I like to read and tell the world about. Following Destiny is most certainly the latter. Anyone who knows me knows just how much I love Rebecca Vickery's work. From the very first book I read of hers, Surviving With Love, I have become a die-hard follower of Ms. Vickery's. Let me tell you a little bit about Following Destiny before I tell you my thoughts on the book.

When Andrea Duncan inherits her grandmothers house along with a ring, the world as she knew it, no longer is normal. In a small town, gossip spreads fast and soon Andrea finds just about every single man, and some married, on her doorstep introducing themselves. None capture her attention until a certain sheriff stops by to introduce himself. Drop dead gorgeous, understanding and very protective, Mason is just what Andie needs right now. The physical attraction between the two is explosive. Trust me when I say that you won't want to put this book down.

I fell in love with Mason's character from the moment he hit Andie's doorstep. To ensure her safety, he finds a dog to stay with her and it's that dog who adds an extra sparkle to this book. Andie soon cannot imagine her life without Mason or Heidi. Mason's acceptance of the ring proves that he is not your ordinary hero. Willing to do anything to keep Andie safe, the ring plays an important role in their relationship. When I got to see what the killer thinking, I loved it. I added a different twist to the suspense and keeps you wondering who it might be. I am also a lover of epilogues and LOVED this one. I certainly hope Ms. Vickery decides to write another book in this series. If you are looking for ansuspense filled, touching paranormal read that doesn't go over the top, then Following Destiny is the book for you. Ms Vickery writes in a style the reader can relate to and about characters who are very real. Following Destiny is one of those books that you will be thinking about long after you've read it. To Ms Vickery I would like to say, "I'm begging you, please make this into a series or at the very least just one more book to follow this one." Following Destiny gets two thumbs up in my book. Hurry out and buy it, it's a must read.


  1. Thank you so much for this fantastic review and for following my work so closely. I also think I'm a little in love with Mason myself. He's the culmination of the characteristics I love most in a man with just enough faults thrown in so he isn't "too perfect." And the sequel is already perking in the back of my brain.

  2. WOW! What a great review! This sounds like a must read for me. Congrats, Rebecca. Awesome job, Val.

  3. This is a great book, Becca, and I'm enjoying the exciting read. I'm halfway through and can't wait to see what happens in the end. Great review and awesome novel so far. Your previous two books were satisfying and happy at the end and I know this one will be too. *g*

  4. Val - I agree with you, Rtebecca is one smooth ride..

    I love this book as well - Mason is the man. I thought the suspense in this was really good..

    The entire product was very believable...



Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.