We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, February 1, 2010

Review - The Haunting of Amelia Pritchart by Sandra Sookoo

Title: The Haunting of Amelia Pritchart

Author: Sandra Sookoo

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Buy Link

Rating: You Need to Read

Reviewer: Nerine Dorman

Amelia Pritchart’s life is a mess. Her house is crumbling down around her, she’s got a bad case of writer’s block, and divorce papers await her signature. The trouble is, she still loves her husband.

And if that’s not bad enough, she comes face to face with a ghost—who has problems of her own. The restless spirit demands Amelia help her tormented soul so she can finally rest in peace. Intrigued, Amelia sets out to grant the wish, but soon finds there’s much more to the ghost than just being dead.

When her estranged husband shows up on her doorstep on Halloween, Amelia must face two pasts, both full of pain. Can she help the ghost without becoming eternally haunted? And can she face her own fears and insecurities about her marriage to grasp the second chance at happiness her husband offers?

Although romance isn’t my chosen genre, I’ve heard some very good things about Sandra’s writing and when the opportunity arrived to read one of her tales, quickly found myself immersed in her world. This is a quick read but I enjoyed it very much because the story, for such a short work, was multi-layered, jumping between the past and the present.

What I like about Sandra’s writing is that the prose is uncluttered and flows well. The dialogue between the characters, especially, comes across as realistic, and it was easy for me to picture her characters interacting, often eliciting a smile on my part, so that I often forgot I was reading.
At times I found Amelia’s stubborn refusal to acknowledge her feelings for her husband a bit forced, but I could overlook this. Sandra offers her readers a perfect blend of well-presented back-story that never bogs down the pace and her descriptive elements are just enough to paint a vivid picture of setting and characters, without flowering into needless exposition.

If I’m in the mood for a paranormal romance with a feel-good ending, I’d happily read another of her tales at the drop of the hat because Sandra is a masterful story teller in her chosen genre.


  1. Thank you so much for this review. :-) I'm glad you liked the story

  2. I really enjoyed it, Sandra, and I don't give praise unless an author deserves it. Looking forward to your other fiction.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.