We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, February 1, 2010

Review - The Vision by C.L. Talmadge


Title: The Vision

Author: C.L. Talmadge

Publisher: Healing Stone Books

Buy The Vision Here!


Rating: You Want to Read - A Good book.


Reviewed by: Shawn Weisser



Caught in theocratic political machinations that almost end her life, Helen learns her father’s true identity as one of the country's most powerful Toltec lords.

The revelation that impelled Helen’s Turanian mother to bear a despised half-breed comes to light through the otherworldly Mist-Weavers. These ancient, secretive beings, appearing and dissolving at will, know of the jewel’s potentials.

Targeted for death by the state-supported Temple of Kronos, Helen is unable to reconcile with her newfound parent. She must learn to make full use of the stone and necklace and a special kind of energy called kura if she is to survive and fulfill her spiritual destiny.



I enjoyed this book for numerous reasons. The author fully developed the story and the characters and each was completely believable. The surprise at the main character’s heritage was not there but that was okay as there were other surprises in the story that kept my attention. I liked that she, the main character, was honorable and strong but without being masculine. Good job on her physical description as well as mannerisms. I felt she was similar to me in temperament so I could understand where she was going and how she wanted to get there. It was a little confusing at the marriage relations but once I caught on to the Egyptian theme it was much easier. I enjoyed that historical slant to the story. Nice overtones but the author did not beat me about the head and shoulders with the nuances that filled out the characters and story. I look forward to book two in the series.

2 comments:

  1. I would never beat my readers up over the nuances, Shawn. My poor characters take a licking enough for everyone and then some. Thanks for the review and I hope you enjoy Books Two, Three, and Four as much as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I will and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.