We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Review - A Piece of My Heart by Kemberlee Shortland

Title : A Piece of My Heart

Author: Kemberlee Shortland

Publisher: Highland Press

Buy A Piece of My Heart Here!

Rating : You Need to Read

Reviewed By : Jennifer

Kate hadn't been just the girl next door. She'd been Mick's life, and he hers. When an unforeseen force drives them apart they're left with wounds that refuse to heal.
Now, ten years on, Mick's father's will should have been straightforward, except his addendum was like ice water in Mick's face. It's essential Mick and Kate work together to save his family's farm. He doesn't count on his new manager being accused of murder, and she doesn't expect a dangerously seductive woman from Dublin claiming Mick is the father of her child.

Kate thought she was falling in love with Mick all over again, but this newest revelation is too much for her. She is determined to say goodbye to her childhood sweetheart forever, but Mick has other plans for her future. And none of them involve goodbye.

Overall I really enjoyed this story. I was really unsure about Mick's attitude towards his family, until I really thought about the way mine has been towards mine sometimes. Sometimes things happen. I think his change of heart was even sweeter, because you see him evolve through Kate's love and the stories about his parents. I also think having Flann and Gobnait in the story really added depth to the story. The main characters had to overcome some obstacles, so that made their love even more special. They also had to overcome past hurts when they were younger. I just loved Kate. I love Irish women- strong and independent with the ability to love deeply. Of course most women are like that. I loved the Ms. Shortland provided after the wedding information. I liked being part of the closure and the exciting news. Such a great ending to a rocky start story.


  1. Thank you so much for your review. I've posted it on my blog and my website.

    I love strong women charaters too, and the Irish ones are particularly feisty. I'm sure Mick wasn't sure what hit him when he came home.

    If you're interested, and when it's published, the short story sequel is called Constant Craving and should be available soon.

  2. I will have to watch for it then. Thanks for letting me know.


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.