We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Review - The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker


Title: The Bride Collector

Author: Ted Dekker

Publisher: Hachette Audio

Buy Link

Rating: You GOTTA Read

Reviewed by: Val





Blurb:
A virtuoso killer is carving a path of death across the west, intent on killing only the most beautiful women, all in the name of love. He has claimed six victims and slipped through the FBI's fingers, each time leaving behind a handwritten note and a bridal veil.

Special agent Brad Raines has hunted the Bride Collector from crime scene to crime scene, but each time he finds himself one step behind. Desperate for help, Raines turns to the Center for Wellness and Intelligence, a private home for gifted, mentally ill residents.

Raines is quickly drawn to a young woman named Paradise who struggles with psychosis. Together they enter the killer's deadly game and begin to close in. But like Paradise, the Bride Collector is supremely gifted and he has a distinct advantage: this is his game.

Review:
All I can say is WOW! The Bride Collector is a book that you will not put down and that I guarantee. Brad's character was fascinating to say the least. The complex relationship he finds himself in with Paradise is one you don't want to miss. The way the killer's mind works was truly bizarre. I enjoyed reading about the certain quirks the people at the Wellness Center have that really we all have to some extent. I don't want to give too much of this book away so I'm just going to say, BUY IT! This book is one of the best I have read yet.

I used to think that no one could take the place of James Patterson on my bookshelf but I must say that Ted Dekker has done just that. The Bride Collector has become a favorite and I will definitely be reading more books from this particular author. Ted Dekker has done an outstanding job with imagery, plot and everything in between. This is most certainly a book that you do not want to miss.

1 comment:

  1. I just read Ted Dekker's new book Immanuel's Veins, and I think you might like to hear what I thought about it! The story was very cool I must say and the new take on vampires was awesome! Check out http://fablefreak.wordpress.com for my review!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.