We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Monday, January 3, 2011

Review – Ghost Huntress 4 – The Counseling By Marley Gibson

ghost huntress 4.jpg


Title: Ghost Huntress 4: The Counseling


Author: Marley Gibson


Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Graphia Originals


Buy Link: Buy Ghost Huntress 4: The Counseling Here!


Rating: You Need To Read


Reviewed By: Lupa


Blurb:


Kendall has just discovered who Emily really is, lost her boyfriend, and nearly died doing the thing she loves most-ghost hunting. It's time to take a break and try to reconcile all the changes she's going through. So Kendall heads to the Sierra Mountains, where there's a camp especially for young people with gifts such as hers. It's a time for reflection and self-discovery.


But when she gets to California, she once again finds restless spirits-and the boy in her last vision. It may be the end of one chapter of her life and the beginning of a new one.


Review:


Kendall Morehead is a young woman with fantastic talents. She has the ability to see and communicate with ghosts. For the last few months she has been ghost hunting with her best friend Celia. But now it is spring break and she is heading to California for a new kind of adventure - a camp for kids with Talents like hers. How bad could it be right?


I have to say that I was unsure what I was getting myself into with The Counseling. It is the fourth books of the Ghost Huntress series and I expected to spend most of the time I was reading confused. In fact I was not at all confused. There are some references to the things that happened in the first three books but nothing that really detracted from the flow of this story.


The characters are great. I loved Kendall, she is in so many ways a typical teen but her powers make her and her life something more.


The story is descriptive and flowed well. I particularly liked the sweat lodge scene. It was respectful and at the same time vividly descriptive. It was easy to visualize this sacred ceremony as the scene played out on the page.


Although there is a paranormal element to the story that element is not the entire focus of the book. There is a lot of focus on the social dynamic of the kids at the camp. Making friends and working as a team are also key factors in the story.


All in all The Counseling is a great read. I am definitely going to look for the other books in the series so I can get caught up on Kendall's story before the next book comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the awesome review of THE COUNSELING! I'm so happy to hear you loved the story and got where I was going with Kendall and all of her friends. Please contact me through my website and I'll see if my publisher publicist can get you the rest of the series to read and review.

    All the best,
    Marley = )
    www.marleygibson.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.