We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Review - Sweets to the Sweet by Jennifer Greene

Title: Sweets to the Sweet

Author: Jennifer Greene

Publisher: Carina Press

Buy Sweets to the Sweet here

Rating: You Gotta Read

Reviewer: Val



Blurb:
When single mom Laura Anderson rear-ends a vintage Austin-Healey while taking her baby to the doctor, the last thing she expects is to find her Prince Charming behind the wheel. There's nothing quite as sexy to a new mother as a man who has a way with babies and comes bearing gifts of gourmet chocolate! Especially when his kisses inspire feelings she thought were lost forever...
Chocolate baron Owen Reesling knows he should stay away from Laura, a woman still obviously wounded by the breakup of her marriage. But he can't help but fall for the beauty—and her baby. He won't push her into a relationship, but he's determined to do whatever it takes to break down the wall she's built around her heart and convince her to take another chance on love.

Review:
I want to know where I can get a dream hottie like Owen Reesling of my own. Owen's character was wonderfully witty and unexpectedly perceptive as well as understanding. I was laughing every time Owen would suggest something and Laura would disagree. He would just agree until she came around to his way of thinking. Laura was a strong willed women on the edge of a breakdown, raising her child alone. Trying to hold it all together, Laura finds out that you can be strong and still let your guard down. In Laura, I relived that feeling when you have your first child and nothing seems to make them stop crying. Her character seemed real and imperfect, which is exactly how I like my leading lady. The chemistry between Owen and Laura was both sexy and quirky. I fell in love with love in this book. Oh, and the chocolate.

Sweets to the Sweet was an emotional story filled with humor and characters I simply fell in love with. This was a feel good story that made me smile. Ms. Greene's writing style was polished, easy to follow and can be read in one sitting. Once I started reading, I was turning pages as fast as I could. I still think about this book and I love when an author can get in my head like that. This book is the first I have ever read of Jennifer Greene's and I just want her to know that she now has a new fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.