We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review - June Bug by JT Harding

Title: June Bug

Author: JT Harding

Publisher: Self Published

Buy June Bug here

Rating: You Need to Read

Reviewer: Val

This summer things would be different.

Ben and June have been summer friends since they could barely walk. As the years pass the friendship changes, until the year they turn eighteen they both know being just friends doesn't cut it any longer.

June bug is a story of innocence and unwavering love, a story of two young people who discover that love also has a deeply physical side.
Warnings: contains graphic descriptions of sex between consenting adults, nudity, swimming, mention of lobsters, and mathematics (you have been warned!)

A sizzling coming of age story, June and Ben reminded me of when times were simpler and innocence was abundant. What I wouldn't give back to go back in time. This story brought back some old memories, only this time I was remembering through the eyes of Ben and June. One of the funniest parts of the book was June herself. She was a girl who needed a filter on her mouth, and wow that sure took me down memory lane as well. June's character was bold and one who knew what she wanted out of life. The scenes between Ben and June's father were priceless and so much like the "I'm going to kill you if you look at my daughter wrong" scenarios. It was brilliant.

I've never had the opportunity to read any of JT Harding's work and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. This was a very short book but evoked a lot of emotions that I forgot all about. I definitely look forward to reading more from this author. Now, how do I go back in time to when I was 18 and where is the closest sand dune?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.