We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review - Navarro’s Promise By Lora Leigh

Navarros PromiseTitle: Navarro’s Promise: A Novel of the Breeds

Author: Lora Leigh

Publisher: Berkley

Buy Link: Buy Navarro’s Promise Here!

Rating: You Want to Read

Reviewer: Wendy Mitchell

Blurb:

The breed guaranteed Mica no harm would come to her, but they never allowed for her sensual fascination with Navarro, or his unstoppable need to claim her as his mate, in both body and soul.

Review:

Mica had been fascinated by the wolf breed Navarro as long as she can remember, but she was one of the few that knew about the mating heat and the problems that come with it, so she avoided Navarro as much as possible. Navarro knew he had a troubling attraction to Mica and that those feelings were returned, but as a breed trained to be a liar, he knew he never wanted to be mated, and besides all indicators said Mica was not his mate. So why can’t he leave her alone?

I truly love this series and Lora Leigh as an author, but I must say I have some real issues with this book. First of all, we learned from Mercury’s book that mating test can be wrong, and that each mating does not necessarily follow any prescribed guidelines. Problem two, after Phillip Brandemore escapes Sanctuary’s containment cell for the SECOND time, almost killing Mica, he should have been put down, period. Problem three, Navarro is able to circumvent biology and disregard the mating bond, making Mica feel totally unlovable and fundamentally broken to the core. I mean how bad must he NOT want to be with her, right? I know what to expect from this series, because I have followed from the first book. I know the heroes are damaged from the labs, way too dominant, dogmatic, and stubborn. However, they always pay a price for that. There is usually some occurrence that leads to groveling and well justified repentance. I didn’t find that in Navarro’s Promise.

I know it doesn’t sound like it so far, but I did like the book. I actually waited twenty-four hours to write the review so some of the teeth gnashing wouldn’t be so obvious. When I truly love a series, my expectations are always much higher, and therefore easier for the book to fall short. The story did progress the series plot, and it is always a joy to see the old friends from past books. Cassie Sinclair played a major role in this book and I am hoping that means her story is imminent. Being a book from Lora Leigh, you know it was smoking hot. I was really glad to see that some of her erotic elements made a welcome reappearance. They had been conspicuously missing for awhile. Regardless of the issues I had, I still recommend this book and strongly recommend the Breed series.

1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading Styx's Storm. Looking forward to reading this one. Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.