We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Review – Forever Freed By Laura Kaye

Forever FreedTitle: Forever Freed

Author: Laura Kaye

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Buy link: Buy Forever Freed Here!

Rating: You Need to Read

Reviewer: Wendy Mitchell


A heart can break, even one that no longer beats.

I stalk my new neighbors, a single mother and her child, drawn by the irresistible scent of their joy and love. I crave their blood, starved for some healing respite from my ancient grief. Now to lure them into my grasp.

But they surprise me. Little Olivia accepts me without fear or reservation—talking, smiling, offering innocent affection that tugs at my long-lost humanity. Her mother, Samantha, seeks me out when she should stay away, offering sweet friendship, and calling to the forgotten man within me. They lure me instead.

Ah, Dio, Lucien, run and spare them while you can…


Lucien Demarco was laboring to live each day with guilt, disgust, and a decided lack of enthusiasm for anything that makes life worth living. This would be bad enough for a normal human, but Lucien is a vampire whose maker murdered his family before turning him into the monster he believes himself to be.

He has gone without feeding long enough that he has made himself a danger to the humans he lives among. When he comes across Samantha Sutton, he is overwhelmed by her aura of joy. optimism, and zest for life in general. He determines he must have these feeling for himself in order to break the miasma of gloom he lives with day to day. He can absorb her feelings through her blood, and as much as he loathes the thought of ending such a beautiful life, he is desperate. He begins to track her, shadowing her movements. When he discovers she is the mother a young girl, he remembers his own lost daughter. Samantha and Olivia have the means to give Lucien his soul and his lost humanity, but Lucien isn’t the worst thing lurking in the night, and all his future happiness could be snatched away in the blink of an eye.

I just loved the fact that Forever Freed was told entirely from Lucien’s point of view. It was so unique and refreshing to see everything from beginning to end from the hero’s eyes. As a reader and a woman, I already have a pretty decent handle on how a female thinks and her motivations. I want to know why men do men things, how they interpret situations. I believe Lucien was an atypical man (and no, not just because he was a vampire), he was artistic, sensitive, and romantic to the Nth degree. I think the fact that he was also an empath might have aided him in those areas. I appreciated the fact that though Lucien and Sam fooled around quite a bit, they held off consummating the relationship for months. They let the tension build so when it finally happened it was HOT!! I was surprised that for all Sam’s joy, and general wonderfulness that she wasn’t as accepting as she could have been with Lucien’s differences. Especially after getting to know him as a person for months. On this level, Ollie was much more mature than her mother. She saw the heart of Lucien and knew him for the fine and loving man he was. Forever Freed is an emotionally charged, uplifting story that I recommend highly, and I applaud Laura Kaye for the fine job she did on creating this delightful story.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm so glad you enjoyed!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.