We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.

http://yougottaread.com/

We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Review – Big Cypress Crossroads By Bren Christopher

Big Cypress Crossroads

Title: Big Cypress Crossroads

Author: Bren Christopher

Publisher: Loose ID

Buy Link: Buy Big Cypress Crossroads Here!

Rating: You Want To Read

Reviewed by: Layne

Blurb:

From the deep swamps of the Everglades to the glittering night clubs of South Beach, Miami-Dade police detective Scott Chandler is hot on the trail of the drug running cartel that killed some good officers in a firefight and left him with a steel rod in his leg. The last thing he expected to find was love in the form of a seemingly innocent wilderness guide--a guide who inexplicably knows more than he should.


Noah Taylor lives for the wild backwoods, spending days camping alone and only returning to town on the weekends to lead kayak tours through the dark waterways of the Everglades. But when he finds the remains of a ritually sacrificed body hanging from the twisted limbs of a mangrove tree, his life's going to change in ways he can't possibly predict--or can he?


Now Scott must untangle a web of deceit while struggling with his passion for Noah. Because loving him is easy. But trusting him could be deadly.

Review:

I really anticipated reading Big Cypress Crossing. The blurb pulled me in and I’m a sucker for some man love. Bren Christopher is a new to me author and I wanted to give her a chance to wow me.

Florida tour guide Noah finds a dead body in the Everglades and cop Scott is doing the investigating. The two settle into a hot affair as they work to uncover the mystery surrounding a drug cartel. Noah also has secrets and those are kept close to the vest for a long while.

There are many things I liked about Big Cypress Crossing and some I didn’t. I loved the descriptions. Bren Christopher took me into the Everglades, a place I’d never been but felt familiar with. Awesome visuals. The plot and mystery is well done, the love scenes as well.

Noah’s attitude at time was a bit self serving and he really grated on my nerves. The way in which he and Scott fell into bed was too easy. I liked Scott, but to me there was nothing remarkable or memorable about him.

It took me a really long time to finish Big Cypress Crossing. A book I’d finish in mere hours took weeks. I kept putting it down because nothing was truly captivating or engrossing enough to keep me hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.