We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Review – My Dangerous Pleasure By Carolyn Jewel

My Dangerous Pleasure

Title: My Dangerous Pleasure

Author: Carolyn Jewel

Publisher: Hatchette Book Group

Buy Link: Buy My Dangerous Pleasure Here!

Rating: You Gotta Read

Reviewed By: Wendy Mitchell



Strong-willed and independent, Paisley Nichols is used to taking care of herself. But when an insane mage begins tracking her every move and threatening her at every turn, she has no choice but to put her life in the hands of a demon.


Burned by betrayal, demon assassin Iskander won't get too close to anyone. He spends his days serving his warlord and his nights indulging in carnal pleasures . . . and that's exactly how he likes it. But when a mage wages a wrenching psychic assault on his beautiful tenant Paisley, Iskander must defend her. Under his protection, she will be drawn irresistibly into his life and learn about her own mysterious powers. And not a moment too soon. The mage haunting her isn't acting alone-and he won't rest until he destroys both Paisley and Iskander.


When Iskander rented out his garage apartment to pretty Paisley Nichols, he checked her background with a fine toothed comb. He wanted to make sure he was renting to a one hundred percent, vanilla, human. She checked out fine and they had a good landlord/tenant relationship. She paid on time, he fixed her sink, and they waved at each other across the yard. Until Iskander’s supernatural world started bleeding into Paisley’s vanilla life. Paisley is a baker with a burgeoning small shop that is just beginning to show a profit and build a following. Iskander is a demon who likes to have sex with human women, and who has a lot of magical enemies. These two scenarios should not intermingle. Oh, but they do.

When I requested this book for review, it was because the cover caught my eye and the blurb sounded interesting. I had not been familiar with the author or the series beforehand. Jeezalu! I have been missing out on something wonderful. This book blew my socks off. I even loved the villain of the book, Rasmus Kessler ( but I have a thing for blondes). Iskander was my ideal hero, tatted, not to serious, loves a good time and watches Shaun of the Dead, plus he does appreciate a good pastry. See, perfect! Paisley was an awesome squared heroine. When the magic started to effect her life, she thought she was going crazy, which, truth be told, is a reasonable explanation. After Iskander tells her the real deal of what’s happening to her, she toughens up and rolls with the punches. No hissy fits or pouts from this resilient girl, she just finds a few powers of her own and goes after the bad guys.,

By the time I was halfway through this book, I had already ordered the first three books in this series. Ms. Jewel’s characters are fun, sexy, just a little wicked and people I would love to hang out with. The writing was superb and flowed seamlessly from page to page. No lags, or plateaus, just page after page of a great, entertaining story that left me searching for more. I give this book my highest recommendation and will definitely be following Carolyn Jewel’s work from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.