We are Moving!!!!!

We are Moving!

Please take a moment and change your bookmarks for us. We have moved to a new, and better, site.


We Look Forward to seeing you there.

There will no longer be posts on this site after January 31, 2012

Thank you and we cannot wait to see you at our new home

You Gotta Read Reviews Admin Team

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Review – Avenger’s Angel By Heather Killough-Walden

Avengers AngelTitle: Avenger’s Angel: A Novel of the Lost Angels

Author: Heather Killough-Walden

Publisher: Signet Eclipse

Buy link: Buy Avenger’s Angel Here!

Rating: You Gotta Read

Reviewer: Wendy Mitchell


When four female angels were created for the archangels Michael, Gabriel, Uriel and Azrael, a chaos spurned by jealousy erupted, and the archesses were secreted to Earth. The four favored archangels followed, prompting a search that has lasted millennia. But for Uriel, the former Archangel of vengeance, the search ends the moment he lays eyes on Eleanor Granger, his one true archess. Can he protect her from the danger lying in wait for her - and win her heart?


Millennia ago, four favored Archangels were shown the four brightest stars and told as a reward for their Service, they were being given mates, a female angel called an Archess. Unrest and jealousy caused the Archesses to be sent to Earth to be hidden. The four Archangels, Uriel, the Angel of Vengeance, Michael, the Warrior, Gabriel, the Messenger, and Azrael, the Angel of Death, all elected to follow and search for their mates. In modern day Texas, Uriel has just found his in the women’s restroom of a bookstore. Eleanor Granger had lived a very sheltered and secluded life because of her strange abilities. She knew the government would love to get their hands on her for testing and in fact had tried on several occasions. She was always ready to run at a moment’s notice. When Hollywood’s flavor of the moment showed up for a book signing, she was less than enthused, even if he was the most gorgeous man she’d ever seen.

Wow! This book literally knocked me for a loop. I was unfamiliar with Ms. Killough-Walden’s previous work, and I had not picked up a lot of buzz on this book. I was intrigued by the blurb, and thought I’d give it a try. Luck was with me on that call. Absolutely tremendous. From the prologue to the very last sentence of the epilogue, I was glued to this story. Only Uriel himself could have pried me away. (OK, any of the four could have pried me away, but it’s Uriel’s book) This is not your “jump on the PNR bandwagon” cookie cutter book. Oh no, my friends. You haven’t read a book quite like this before. This story took turns that nearly gave me whiplash. These guys are the absolute real deal, panty dropping, alpha heroes that you dream about, the kind that maybe you are lucky enough to find every decade. Still not a believer, I liked the heroine. I can tolerate maybe one out of every twenty-five I read about. I like about one out of every fifty. Ellie was outstanding, a bit naïve perhaps, but that was understandable. She was smart, tough, absolutely fearless, with enough snark to make me extremely happy, and Ellie with Uriel…..whew! Hot stuff, indeed.

If you don’t read but one book this year, you need to make sure this is the book. This series has so many surprises; you don’t want to miss a word. I haven’t even touched the tip of the ice burg with how impressed I am with this book, but that would require a book in itself. Judge for yourself and you’ll be thanking me for this recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.